Tuesday 1 February 2011

That was then...

There are many, many different marathon training programmes you can follow but they all agree on one thing. You have to have a rest day after a long run. I did a long run on Sunday so yesterday I was absolutely, totally and completely obliged not to run. I am really, really good at not running. I tackled not running like a true professional. I took my not running extremely seriously. I spent the whole day not running.
And then I woke up.
Every training programme agrees on the rest day, but not one single one of them says that the rest day should carry on for more than twenty four hours. I know, I've checked.
And so today was back to the treadmill. And it was so hard. Thirteen miles on Sunday was so much easier than four miles was today. I was so tired. It's been such a busy day. On what planet does a woman with four children aged five and under decide it would be a good idea to train for a marathon?

1 comment:

  1. You did incredibly well on Sunday and increased both your distance AND pace (which is tough). I say listen to your body and if it asks for two days or more to recover, then trust it over some arbitrary training plan. Better that than get injured/ill/dis-sprited... You're doing great!
    PS email me!

    ReplyDelete