Sunday 17 April 2011

She do run run run

You know, this running a marathon thing isn't easy.
More on that tomorrow.
But for today...
Thank you, James, for seeing me off at the start and popping up at intervals throughout the course. Thank you, Rebecca, for telling me I was looking good at twelve miles, and Julie and Gwyn for giving up a whole day this close to your wedding to cheer me on. Thank you Carissa for being there with sisterly support, and Mornie and Grandpa for looking after the children. And Jus and Michelle for singing 'She do run run run she do run run,' and Evie for the fabulous sign, and all of you for hanging around afterwards even though it took me forever to finish. And Jane for cheering, not only on Tower Bridge but at Embankment too. And Mum, for kitting the children out with 'My mum ran London 2011' t shirts in advance - if that's not faith I don't know what is.
I finished. Let it be known and sung from the rooftops - I finished.
Post mortems and analysis can wait. I finished.
The rest can wait.

1 comment: